Saturday, February 5, 2011

Power of Prayer

I have been working on laying my burdens on God's feet, even the little things. It is harder to do than expected, because I want to feel that I am in control. I know I am not, but letting go is hard to do. Well this morning God showed me that if I just let Him take over, great things will happen. Our bathroom faucet has been leaking for months now and yesterday it started really dripping. Ryan had tried fixing it before, but he couldn't turn off the main water valve. Well this morning while in the shower I ask God to help Ryan turn it off. I don't know why I decided to pray this morning, maybe it was because I knew the problem was getting worse and we didn't really have the money for the plumber. I didn't tell Ryan about my prayer even when he asked me if we should call a plumber. We talked it over and decided it would be worth it to pay with the credit card instead of watching money flow down the drain. He was ready to call, when he went downstairs without me saying anything and tried to shut off the main water valve. Guess what...he could do it this time. It was amazing. I know it was God who told him to go down there and try again before he called the plumber. When I told Ryan that I had prayed earlier that he would be able to shut off the valve, he was surprised. He didn't believe me. I have been trying to gt him to trust God more and lay his burdens at His feet. Hopefully today he can see that prayers do get answered no matter how small it may seem.

1 comment:

  1. i guess i missed this post the last time i read your blog. that is really awesome. i'm so glad you shared this story. it is so true that we have to trust first. we have to have that faith before God can show us who He is. i am trying to do that too. why is it always so hard even though we know He is always faithful? thanks for the reminder. i need it. i've got lots of things to lay at His feet!

    ReplyDelete