Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spiderman Mania



I know that kids obsesses about things and Femi is no exception. His thing is Spiderman. Every morning is a battle because he want to wear the same Spiderman shirt to school. He has a closet full of very nice shirts, but all he wants is his faded yellow Spiderman shirt. He wants to wear the same Spiderman socks everyday. We actually went out and bought him Spiderman shoes, so he would stop wearing his sandals (that is another story). Guess what he was for Halloween, you got it. Spiderman! One of his friends at school has a Spiderman coat and of course he wants one. Today at preschool they were getting ready to go outside to play. Since it was a little chilly they needed jackets and he told his teacher the Spiderman coat was his so he could wear it. When Ryan picked him up he had him take it off and he cried all the way home. I have to say that I was disappointed about him not telling the truth and saying that the coat was his. You want your children to be honest and for him to lie, really upset me. I understand that he is three and I guess this is when the parenting comes into play. We have to teach our children right from wrong and be consitent with it. I know this won't be the last time a lie is told, but I hope he pauses a little before telling it and eventually never tells another lie again.

1 comment:

  1. man, it's tough when you want something SO badly, isn't it?! i think the obsession is a little bit adorable. good luck with teaching that lesson though!

    ReplyDelete