Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflecting on 2010

Here we are...waiting out the final hours of 2010. I remember how 2010 started. It was a little scary. It was in January that Paige found a lump on Deji's neck while she was babysitting for us. I remembered the feeling of dread, of trying not to panic, of trying to put our faith in God. Luckily it turned out to be nothing, and a few weeks later I found out that I was pregnant with Adara. It took me a couple of weeks to tell Ryan because I knew we weren't ready (financially) for baby number three. So far we have managed, it hasn't been easy and it doesn't seem it will get an easier any time soon, but you know what?... we are blessed. When so many people were losing their jobs, we both still had ours. When so many people were losing their homes, we have a beautiful home to call ours, mess and all. When so many people had sick children we are blessed to have three happy wonderful little kids. I will take all the tantrums, snot, back talks and all (on most days). God truly has been good to us. Do I wish for more? Who doesn't?! I would like to have a tidy house, a baby that sleeps through the night, a two year old that can say yes more often than no, a three year old who doesn't question everything I say, a husband who sees the glass half full more often, and more money in the bank account. But at the end of the day when I compare my life to others I realize God's love through everything...even the cranky hubby. I look forward to 2011 and all the ups and downs it will bring.

My crazy John Deer Trio. No Deji isn't laughing. He is crying with a snotty nose.

Soon little miss will be joining her brothers in their antics.

Antics such as dressing up as super heros with sunglasses.

But there will also be times like this when all they will want to do is just sit on the couch and cuddle.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and your perspective on it all-the good,the bad and the ugly. Here's to a blessed 2011 for your family!

    ReplyDelete