Friday, December 16, 2011

Dejisaurus is 3!!!!!

I can't believe that Deji is finally three years old. It seems like he has been three for a lot longer. I guess that is what happens when you are about as big as your big brother and people often mistake you for twins. With Deji's birthday so close to Christmas, I want to make sure it is a special day for him and doesn't feel like Christmas overshadows his special day, especially when he gets older. Ryan says that I go a little birthday crazy, but I love birthdays and I want my kids to have fond memories of their birthdays.

I made this pennant banner out of my scrap booking materials and I had the footprints going all over the walls.

I found this great banner online and was able to print it out in color.

Here is a closer look at the big prints

Adara decided to help me wake up the birthday boy. She had been awake since 4:24am! Third night in a row!!!!

The birthday boy wasn't quite ready to get up yet.

Femi tried to give him a birthday hug, but he wasn't in the mood yet.

The look on Deji's face just reaffirms why I go all out for birthdays. He loved the decorations, especially the birthday banner. He was awed by the tracks on the walls. He asked a for a green dinosaur birthday and that is what I tried to give him.

Here is our traditional breakfast of donuts and eggs. QT had this great donut holes. I had to tell Deji he couldn't have more. I didn't want him to get sick on his birthday.

Trying hard to blow up his candle. Big brother had to help him.

Getting a good morning and happy birthday kiss from dad.

Enjoying some yummy bacon.

After school we went to Red Robin to enjoy a nice meal. They sang happy birthday to him and he was nice enough to share his sunday with his big brother.

Overall it was a great day and tomorrow promises to be even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment